What’s included in the Volume 1 – Brush Pack:
- .abr file to load onto your brush preset palette
- Formatted for Photoshop CS5 and up
- All brushes are high res 2000px by 2000px across for creating higher res files.
- 8 Large Tie-Dye Brush Clumps : for blocking out bigger areas.
- 10 Individual Tie-Dye Stripe Brushes
- Includes an in depth 10 Page PDF Guide Book for using brushes and Pro tips, techniques.
Tie-dye patterns and fabrics have been around for a while with roots in India, Japan, and Africa. Tie-dye is most commonly created by tying a string around the fabric, folding it in different ways and then applying the dye to fabric. It’s a very involved process, one that is messy and takes time to dry. Tie-dye in America was popularized by the hippies of the 60s mainly as an expression of their free-spirit and rebellion from the strict social norms of the 50s. Its interesting to note that a more modern version is starting to come back and finding its way into home goods, apparel, shoes, etc.
Simple tricks for creating a design:
- Pick a color scheme and do some research online to find some inspiration
- Paint your designs into separate photoshop layers so that you can adjust the placement of elements to your liking.
- You can transform and edit the layers horizontally and vertically to get different results.
- Play with duplicating the layers and changing the layer blend mode to multiply, color burn to get interesting effects. I also recommend playing with the layer opacity to get different effects.
- Play and have fun!
Want More? Check Out my Skillshare Class on:
Digital Tie-Dye Pattern Making in Photoshop http://skl.sh/2ojBVpm